Digital Summer Trip 2014
Digital Summer Trip returns to East London’s Tech City this July for three days at three new sites!
Digital Summer Trip returns to East London, to Tech City this July. The digital event will be taking place over three days staring from Thursday 3rd – Saturday 5th July!
Hosted across three sites within Tech City (Europe’s fastest-growing area of technical innovation and home to over five thousand digital and media companies), Techmix are working with organisations that wish to engage educators, support young people – and help shape digital futures.
Techmix has invited the world’s leading digital and media companies, producers and programmers to share their tech secrets and host hands-on digital workshops, from app design to video production, games design to digital marketing – to programming a Raspberry Pi and much more!
They’ll creating a festival environment that focuses on digital skills and routes to work: apprenticeships, to IT roles in the armed forces, starting your own company to further study. Whether you’re a student, school body, organisation, entrepreneur, a recent graduate or an apprentice; there will be something for everyone to engage in.
For Students/Further Study
• Meet hundreds of inspiring companies, business leaders and digital experts
• Explore new career paths and discover new employment opportunities
• Take part in digital workshops and learn how the latest digital products are built
• Play with the latest tech, gadgets and innovations
Digital Summer Trip is proud to be working with the UK’s leading universities and colleges in digital and media from all corners of the UK! We’ve invited the best of the best in further and higher education institutions to come and join in the digital discovery and share their digital skills and in-house expertise with visitors.
• Increase your ICT expertise and build important links to the digital industry
• Increase the motivation of your students around digital skills and digital futures
• Discover the latest classroom technologies and innovations
• Raise your own digital skills and professional development
• Meet inspiring companies, business leaders and digital experts
• Be part of the summer’s biggest technology event with over 10,000 visitors
• Connect with large school networks, ICT decision-makers and new business partner
• Interact with London’s exploding Tech City tech scene
• Inspire and recruit the next-generation of digital leaders, technical talent and undergrads
• Kick-start R&D – test new products and garner valuable user feedback
Digital Summer Trip has invited some leading Tech City start-up companies to base themselves on campus in the Entrepreneur Zone – a pop-up marquee dedicated to digital entrepreneurship!
Companies will be working on their tech business in the summer sunshine, stopping students and sharing the secrets of how they built their product and explaining the digital development process in person.
Some will be running short bite-sized workshops based on their particular digital expertise e.g. design-led companies will be focus on digital design, and games companies will focus on computer games development – all with one thing in common: entrepreneurship and innovation!
Careers & Appenticeships
Digital Summer Trip, in partnership with the Mayor’s Office has created a dedicated Apprenticeship Pavilion, built to house the UK’s leading apprenticeship providers! Attending students will be able to meet leading providers, explore different opportunities, quiz apprentices first hand about the valuable opportunities and learn more about this fantastic route to work.
Digital Summer Trip is proud to be working with some of the UK’s leading companies in this field who are at the forefront of digital apprenticeships.
Digital Summer Trip is a ticketed event, and each entrance fee ensures a first rate experience for each visitors – covering the costs of a digital lanyard, event map and water bottle. Tickets cost £10. Luckily for you our loyal readers we’ve managed to score some super discounted tickets with 50% off, for these dates:
- Day 2, Friday 4th July
- Day 3, Saturday 5th July
To claim your FREE ticket log onto DigitalSummerTrip.com click ‘BOOK TICKETS’ and enter the Promotion Code: DST14
See you there!